Council rates are a contribution each property owner makes towards the cost of providing factilites and services in the Shire of Mukinbudin. These services include waste facilites, rubbish collection and recycling fees, Emergency Services Levy, Voluntary Swimming Pool Levy, Kununoppin Medical practice and other community services.
Rates in the dollar for the 2016/17 financial year for each rating category are shown below:
|Rate Category GRV|
|Rate Category UV|
- Option One: One lump sum payment due by 4.30pm on Wednesday 7th September 2016. This option will qualify you for the 3% discount.
- Option Two: Pay in full with no discount by 4.30pm on Monday 12th September 2016.
- Option Three: Pay over four installments due by 4.30pm on Monday 12th September 2016, Monday 14th November 2016, Monday 16th January 2017 and Monday 20th March 2017.
All arrears and interest still outstanding on your account need to be paid in full along with the first instalment for 2016/17 for you to be eligible to enter into the instalment option.
NB: If you do not wish to pay the swimming pool levy you will still need to make the first payment in full and then advise the Shire to remove this levy, reducing the cost of subsequent instalments.
The cost of the instalment plans will comprise of an interest of 5.5% pa calculated from the date of the first instalment's due date. An adminstration fee of $15 for each instalment notice will also be applicable. Please note that these charges are only incurred after the payment of the first instalment.
If you are a Pensioner or Senior you may be able to apply for a rebate for your Council Rates, ESL and Water Corporation Rates. Please note that rubbish, recycling and the voluntary swimming pool levy are not subject to a concession. To be eligible for a concession, the applicant must be:
- the owner AND reside at the property on 1 July of the rates year; and
- in receipt of a pension or hold a Pensioner conession card or State concession card; or
- in receipt of a Senior's card or Commonwealth Senior's health card
Eligible pensioners are entitled to claim a rebate of 50% of the current year's rates up to a maximum of $750.00 or may apply to defer those rates. Seniors who meet the eligibility criteria are entitiled to claim a rebate of 25% of the current years rates, up to a maxium of $288.70.
Concessions apply after eligible ratepayers have registered their entitlement with the Water Corporation. Pro-rata rebates may be offered. You must notify the Shire or the Water Corp if you change your cirumstances in relation to your pension, ownership of the property or your residency at the property.
How to Pay Your Rates:
Your rates can be paid:
- In person at the Administration centre between 8.00am and 4.30pm on weekdays
- Over the phone using your credit card between 8.00am and 4.30pm on weekdays - NB: This will incur a surcharge of 1.33%
- By mailing a cheque or money order payable to the Shire of Mukinbudin
- By Direct Deposit into the Shire Bank Account (please include assessment number in the reference)
BSB: 633 000
Acc No: 116456799
Please allow 48 hours for payment to appear in the account. If your payment doesn’t show on our bank statement by the due date we will not accept your payment without applying interest. Council will not allow any exceptions to this ruling.
Don't be late! Rates that are not paid by the due date will incur a daily interest charge.
Interest will be applied to instalments outstanding past the due date, or where the instalment option is not in place 35 days after the date of issue of the rate notice. The interest rate is 11% pa, and this is calculate on a simple interest method.
Rates Incentives Competition