The Buff Health and Fitness Centre is located at 50 Shadbolt St, Mukinbudin.
The Gym is open from 5am to 10pm every day of the week. Entry to the gym is by swiping your membership card, which you will need to pay a $20 refundable bond for.
Single Membership 1 year - $130
Single Membership 1/2 year - $75
Couple Membership 1 year - $180
Couple Membership 1/2 year - $105
Pensioner - Half the applicable fee
Weekly Membership - $15.50
Sports Club Sessions - $11 per hour
Some Membership Rules:
1. MEMBERSHIP CARDS - No membership card = no use of the facility. The lending of your card or taking non members into the fitness centre will void your membership immediately, as 12 month ban will be imposed on your usage and no refund will be given
2. CONSEQUENCES OF MISCONDUCT - We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person, including members, and have the right to cancel your membership without warning or notice for inappropriate behaviour that is threatening or harassing,
and includes damaging equipment in the Club and perceived risks, including but not limited to, the use of illegal or performance enhancing drugs. Any breach of these Membership Terms and Conditions or failure to comply with Club Rules or acting unreasonably will result in a 1st warning. Should a second warning be required, then immediate cancellation of your membership will be made.
3. MINIMUM AGE - Membership is limited to persons who are at least 14 years of age. All members who are less than 18 years of age must be supervised by an adult when using the club facilities. If under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian must complete your pre-exercise questionnaire. NOTE: You must be at least 16 years of age to participate in weight-based group exercise or resistance training and it is highly recommended that a programme is developed for a suitable programme for the individual under the age of 18 years of age.
4. RISK WARNING -It is your responsibility to ensure that you correctly operate or use any facilities and/or equipment provided by the Mukinbudin Health & Fitness Centre, including the adjustment of levels or settings on the equipment. If you are in any doubt as to how to correctly operate any equipment you should consult a member of staff before use.
5. INDUCTION BY TRAINED STAFF – All members must attend the gym to have a short safety induction before use of the gym is permitted. You acknowledge that you are participating in this activity at your own risk. You accept all risks and indemnify the Shire of Mukinbudin and any person or body directly and indirectly associated with the trainer, against all liability, claims, demands and proceedings arising out of or connected with your participation with this activity.
6. YOUR PHYSICAL CONDITION - You promise and represent on the date of the Contract, and repeat such warranty and representation each time you use our facilities, that you are in good physical condition and that you know of no medical or other reason why you are not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort or physical condition. The Buff staff are not medically trained and are therefore not qualified to assess whether you are in good physical condition and/or that you can engage in active or passive exercise without detriment to your health, safety, comfort or physical condition. We strongly advise you take expert advice prior to commencing any exercise program if you are in any doubt about your ability to engage in active or passive exercise. You shall not use any Club facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from any physical ailment such as open cuts or sores or minor infections where there is a risk, however small, to other members and guests.
7. CLOTHING & HYGIENE - We require all members and guests to wear suitable clothing (non-offensive) and appropriate enclosed sporting footwear when visiting any of the exercise areas (excluding wet areas). It is also paramount that personal hygiene is considered when visiting the Mukinbudin Health & Fitness Centre, so it is appreciated that everyone wears deodorant and is aware of their own body odour.
8. TOWELS - We require all members to use clean towels to lie on when using equipment (including mats) at all times.
9. RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE - You are responsible for any damage which you or your guest may cause to the club facilities, if such damage is caused by your wilful act or negligence.
10. NO SMOKING & FOOD PROHIBITED - No smoking or food is permitted in the facility. No drinks except for water are allowed in the facility. There is a water cooler in the kitchen area for your use.
11. EXIT PROCEDURES - Always ensure that all doors are LOCKED in the correct manner before leaving and that the alarm system is armed.
As part of my membership of the Mukinbudin Health & Fitness Centre, I enter the gym and exercise at my own risk. I accept that the Planning & Development Group and the Shire of Mukinbudin takes no responsibility or liability for any injuries incurred or sustained. I hereby accept all the above rules and conditions set by the Planning & Development Group and Shire of Mukinbudin for the Mukinbudin Health and Fitness Centre.